Our team has recently finished an interesting project in Peachtree Corners, GA. Read below to learn how our team restored the Bay Circle Property to save the owner money on a replacement while protecting the tenants from leaks in their business suites.
Project Year: 2018
Project Size: 70,000 Sq. Feet
Project Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia
Project Overview: Silicone Restoration over a Built-Up Roof
Manufacturer Used: Henry Company
When M.K. Assets Property Management purchased the Bay Circle Property in December of 2016 they knew that the roof needed work. West Roofing Systems was recommended by Henry Company as a reliable contractor in the area.
The West Roofing Systems technical rep agreed that a silicone restoration membrane was the best path to renew the aged, but solid roof system. The Bay Circle Property already had two roof systems installed, by applying a silicone coating we deterred the need to remove the current roofs. This decision saved M.K. Assets money in time, labor, and materials.
After we determined there was slight moisture between the two existing roof systems. Per manufacturer’s specifications, we were able to install roof vents to ensure the area was protected from long-term damage. These vents are permanent and will allow the roof to remain dry and in good condition for years to come.
Final Scope of Work
The final scope of work included:
- Roof cleaned with high-pressure air
- All blisters will be cut out and re-secured
- Approximately 50 JL-10 roof vents installed
- All seams reinforced with Henry High Solids Silicone Coating
- All penetrations sealed with Henry Silicone Roof Mastic
- Roof primed with Henry products acrylic primer at the rate of 125 sq. feet per gallon
- Basecoat of Henry High Solid Silicone Coating applied at 1.5 gallons per sq.
- Topcoat of Henry High Solids Silicone Coating applied at 1 gallon per sq.
- Henry Company 15 year material warranty
- West Roofing Systems 15-year labor warranty